FAQs from GPs
BNE offers a range of emergency services to Brisbane GPs and their patients. As the closest emergency facility to many local GPs on the Brisbane Northside, our extended services can assist in the effective and fast treatment of your patients. For more information on referral processes and other requirements, please see the below frequently asked questions.
- Major Multi trauma – Should proceed to the large public facilities.
- Obstetrics – There is no in-patient services for OB/GYN at St Vincent Private Hospital Northside and generally do not treat these patients over 21 week’s gestation. However, our strong relationship with North West Private Hospital provides us with an almost seamless transition for GYNE patients requiring admission.
- Psychiatry – We do not have the facilities to treat psychiatric patients. There is a major facility next door at Prince Charles Hospital.
- DVA – BNE is not a DVA provider. Patient’s insured by The Department of Veterans’ Affairs can be DIRECTLY admitted to St. Vincent Private Hospital Northside under their private Consultant if you have made those arrangements.
- Workers Compensation – Generally Work Cover patients are not treated at BNE. However, there are a few provisions: All patients are required to pay for their treatment at the time of consultation and arrange their own third party rebates. Work Cover is no exception. We do not directly bill any third party or send out accounts. Additionally, Work Cover patients requiring admission to St Vincent Private Hospital Northside need private health insurance initially, until the claim is accepted. Generally, Work Cover patients with no private health cover are transferred to a public hospital. To avoid double-handling, workplace injury requiring admission should ideally bypass BNE.